Safe Handling of Chemical Reagents
1. Prevention of poisoning
All medicine bottles must have labels; highly toxic medicines must have special use and storage systems. During use, if poisonous drugs are scattered, they should be put away immediately, and the poisonous tables and floors should be cleaned.
It is strictly forbidden to enter the reagent, and it is strictly forbidden to put the nose close to the bottle mouth to identify the reagent.
It is strictly forbidden to replace the appliance. Before leaving the laboratory, be sure to wash your hands, drink water and eat food.
The use or disposal of toxic substances should be carried out in the fume hood and must not enter the fume hood.
2. Prevention of combustion and explosion
1. Volatile drugs should be placed in a well-ventilated place, and flammable drugs should be stored away from heat sources.
2. When the room temperature is too high, when using volatile drugs, try to cool down before opening the bottle, and don’t let the bottle mouth face yourself or others.
3. In the experiment, a water bath or a closed heating system must be used to remove flammable and volatile organic solvents, and direct heating with an open flame is strictly prohibited.
4. When you have flammable substances on your body or hands, don’t get close to the lamp and wash it immediately.
5. It is strictly forbidden to grind the oxidant with combustible materials.
6. Flammable and explosive drugs and high-pressure gas cylinders should be kept at low temperature. When moving or opening, there must be no severe vibration, and the outlet of high-pressure gas should not face people.
7. Bombing operations against people are prohibited.
8. For bottles containing volatile drugs or gases released by thermal decomposition, it is recommended not to use paraffin stoppers.
3. Prevent corrosion, chemical burns, scalds
1. When taking corrosive and irritating drugs, rubber gloves should be worn; when using a liquid delivery tube to absorb corrosive and irritating liquids, it must be operated with an ear wash ball.
2. When opening a large bottle of potion, you must use a chainsaw to open the plaster. It is strictly forbidden to use.
3. When crushing or grinding caustic soda and other dangerous solid substances, care should be taken to prevent small fragments from splashing, so as not to burn eyes and face.
4. When diluting concentrated sulfuric acid and other strong acids, it must be carried out in a heat-resistant container such as a beaker, and slowly add water under stirring; when dissolving sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide and other heating solid drugs, it should also be in a heat-resistant container such as a beaker in progress. If a concentrated acid or base needs to be neutralized, it must first be diluted.
5. When taking out high-temperature drying instruments or medicines from ovens, muffle furnaces and other instruments, crucible tongs or gloves should be used to avoid burns.